The new Extrusion Upgrade Kit lets you turn your Ultimaker 2 into an Ultimaker 2+. Once done, you’ll have the very latest 3D printing technology at your fingertips. There’s a geared feeder for increased reliability. Swappable nozzles for greater control. And an optimized airflow for smoother prints. It all adds up to make your Ultimaker even smoother, faster and more accurate.
This kit is compatible with the first generation Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2 Extended. It is not compatible with the Ultimaker 2 Go, or any Ultimaker Original series machines.
Everything you need to assemble the upgrade is in the box. There are no special tools needed.
Fully assembled print head
- The print head comes fully assembled with all parts and wires in place. The new fancaps ensure the airflow is aimed perfectly below the nozzle and equally from both sides and the new Sunon fans are quieter than ever. The heater cartridge is now 35W which improves heat up times and print speeds. The PTFE isolator is made from TFM, which has a longer life span. We've removed the spring and implemented a spacer, this puts less pressure on the PTFE isolator which also expands its life span. We're using a new sensitive PT-100 temperature sensor, it provides accurate readings so you can tweak the settings with precision.
- Thanks to the swappable nozzle, you can quickly switch between different nozzles. The standard nozzle size is 0.4 mm, but you also have the option to use a 0.25 mm nozzle for detailed prints or a 0.6 mm/0.8 mm for faster prints.
Geared feeder motor
- A new geared feeder motor is included that connects to the geared feeder.
- The innovative feeder allows you to easily swap filament and choose the correct pressure for your filament. For example with a softer filament you’ll need to choose a lower pressure. Such control increases the success rate of your prints. It also features a lever which, when raised, lets you manually insert or remove filament.
Print head shafts
- New print head shafts are included, just in case you’ll bend your current print head shafts while removing the print head.
Ultimaker calibration card
- A calibration card is included to level the build plate to the correct height.
Filament reel holder
- To save desktop space, a shorter filament reel holder is included.
- The axis tools are included to correctly remove and insert the print head shafts. The axis alignment tools are included to properly align the print head shafts for as little friction as possible.
Build plate clips
- New build plate clips are included that are much easier to open and close by hand. This allows you to easily remove the glass plate for cleaning or access to a print.
- The final touch in transforming your Ultimaker 2 to an Ultimaker 2+!
Not sure if you'll be comfortable installing the kit yourself? There are two installation guides to choose from. Check out Ultimaker's step-by-step installation guide OR fbrc8's step-by-step installation guide.
If you would like fbrc8 to install the upgrade for you, we can. For an installation fee of $175.00 (+ tax), you get a general tune-up, the installation, testing, and return shipping (United States only; international shipping is an additional charge, customs duties are not covered by fbrc8). For complete details on fbrc8 installation, please click here.
To add the installation to your purchase, add the kit to your cart. When you get to the payment section, select CHECK as method of payment (even if you are not a school or government entity). This will reserve your kit. Then, email email@example.com so we can arranged an invoice with the installation fee and shipping instructions. The invoice will supply a link to pay by credit card.